Sweet Cabbage Rolls

(Found on page 47 of The 30-Day Vegetarian)

This vegan twist on good old fashioned home cooking has a sweet creamy flavor from the almond milk white sauce.

1 Cup Brown Rice 2 Cups Water ½ Cup Raisins ½ Cup Almonds (Slivered) ½ tsp Salt Spices (e.g. Cumin, Turmeric, Coriander, Salt, Pepper) 2 TBL Margarine […]

Lemon Chiffon

Still working on my gluten free, high protein line of cakes, I tried a new dessert this weekend for lemon festival fans! This light lemon chiffon uses garbanzo beans as the base which harmonize with the lemon and dates in this dish to make a perfect medly.

Cake:

6 Egg Whites […]

Chocolate Torte Video!

Check out our new video for the Chocolate Raspberry Torte (ok, we didn’t have any raspberries on hand, so we used strawberries and called it Chocolate Berry Torte 😉

Chocolate Raspberry Torte

Ok, in my previous bean cake creations I mention that these low sugar, gluten free natural treats were something to dance about if you had food allergies or other dietary restrictions and could not partake of normal cakes and other decadent desserts. But this new torte changes all that. My new recipe for […]

Gluten Free Banana Cake with Walnut Dream Frosting

I get a lot of people asking me about gluten free cooking. My book, The 30-Day Vegetarian does have many gluten free meal ideas, but when it came to cakes I had been at a loss to replicate the moist and light texture within a whole foods paradigm. That was until I discovered […]

Gluten Free Carrot Cake

This recipe is part of a new line I am working on of “bean cakes” that replace traditional flour with canned beans. These wonderfully moist cakes are also minimal sugar and higher in protein making them a guilt-free indulgence!

Cake Ingredients:

2 cans Navy Beans (drained) 1/3 cup Raisins 1 ½ cups Grated […]

BBQ Seitan Whole Grain Pizza with Antipasto Salad

Pizza makes a regular appearance on my family dinner table. The 30-Day Vegetarian cookbook has a wonderful recipe for whole grain spelt flour pizza that is easy to make and just as fast as pizza delivery!

This weekend, we kicked it up a notch with a BBQ seitan pizza served with […]

Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting

My past attempts at a whole foods chocolate cake were always heavy when I used whole wheat flour, so I was excited to try a “bean” version of this decedent indulgence! I am so happy that my chocoholic husband gave this a fine thumbs up! The word “fine” is a good thing for a numismatist! […]

Easy Lemon Cheesecake

I am always trying to create amazing desserts with whole foods and without refined sugars or artificial sweeteners. My fellow creative cooks will know this is a hit and miss epicurean adventure. But finally I have hit on an easy cheesecake that will definitely make a come-back at kitchen table.

Most cheesecake recipes […]

Carrot Cupcakes with Creamcheese Frosting

6 apples cored but not peeled 6 carrots 8 pitted dates 2 cups whole grain flour 1 TBL baking powder ½ cup olive oil 2 eggs 3 packages cream cheese 3 TBL maple syrup Zest from 1 lemon

Place your apples, carrots and dates in your food processor (in batches as to not over […]