Layer the following ingredients into a large wide mouth mason jar.
- 2 ½ cups Whole Grain Spelt Flour *
- 1 cup Whole Grain Kamut Flour *
- 4½ teaspoons vital gluten *
- 2½ teaspoons Rapid Rise Yeast
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ cup dried onion bits
- 2 TBL dried Dill
- 2 TBL Fructose (natural fruit sugar).
Heat 1 cup pure water until warm (not boiling).
Add the top half of the mason jar bread mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the cup of warm water plus two tablespoons margarine, butter or olive oil. Stir with wooden spoon, until you begin to feel an elastic quality of the batter, (3-5 minutes.) Add remaining bread mixture and combine with your hands until all of the flour is incorporated into a stiff dough. Kneed gently right in the mixing bowl until you have a smooth dough (5-10 minutes.) Shape dough into small loaf, place on oiled baking sheet or bread stone in your oven and let rise for one hour or until doubled in size. (I leave the oven light ON, to provide a warm space for the bread to rise.) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
* While some people who are sensitive to wheat can tolerate anciet grains such as Spelt or Kamut, if you are gluten sensitive you can experiment with other whole grains flours and omit the gluten.